Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Yoga - Manduka Product Test


Manduka is an El Segundo based yoga equipment & accessory company that focuses on eco-friendly production. This particular mat is all-natural, biodegradable and does not contain any toxic glues, dyes or plasticizers.


eko lite natural yoga mat in santorini 




Manduka eKO yoga mats are made from natural tree rubber. For best performance, they suggest you wipe the surface with a damp cloth and store it out of direct sunlight. I would definitely recommend wiping the mat down as well as airing it out before you use it, especially the first time. I unwrapped my mat and unrolled it in yoga class today and everyone near me could smell it! One person had a bit of an allergic reaction. As it aired out, the scent seemed to lessen and the yogis got over it.


yoga instructor Natasha Morales wearing o.p.i. mellow yellow polish


You can practice on either side of this mat. Both have a super amount of grip to help you stick your down dog.. The top has the Manduka signature seagrass texture. The bottom side gripped so much that when I put my forehead down on it, I could hear the sound when I lifted my head back up! I was impressed with the cushion that the thin mat provided. It felt as good on my body as my previous mat which is their regular eKO mat . The eKO mat weighs 7 pounds and the eKO LITE weighs 3.5 pounds, so it was much easier to carry up the hills during my walk to class. The eKO LITE mat is about 11 inches shorter than the regular eKO mat, but I was still fine with the length and didn't really notice a difference although I am 5'9". I have put my eKO mat to rest and the eKO Lite is my latest choice for summer, I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment